2020 was a year filled with a confluence of activity: pandemic exposures, growing cyber risk, ongoing and increasing social inflation, a derecho, hurricanes galore, earthquakes, wildfires and even more. And while this was happening, a set of new companies have formed to provide fresh capital to the (re)insurance market.
What does this all mean? Our general session for the virtual Reinsurance Seminar will bring together industry leaders to discuss the state of the industry during this evolving market cycle. They will answer questions such as:
• Is this a hard market or is it just hardening slightly?
• Compared to prior capital infusions, how is this year’s new capital the same, or different?
• Did the new market capital materially impact the pricing or coverage landscape?
• What will be the future coverage options for emerging risks like communicable disease, cyber, and flood?
• The new buzz word, ESG: How does it influence business today and inform future strategy?